The following is part of our Data Protection Policy and describes the types of personal data we process and what we may use it for. We are committed to collecting and using such data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This data protection policy will come into effect from the 25th May 2018.
- Here at LamingHope.com, we take your privacy seriously and you are able to find out more on your privacy rights and how we gather, use and share your personal information below. This includes personal information we may already hold about you and any subsequent personal information we may collect about you, either directly or from a third party. How we use your personal information depends on which products and services we provide to you and your opt-in preferences.
- Our DPO (Data Protection Officer) assists us in making sure that we keep your personal information secure. If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, you can email us at [email protected] or write to us at our Office address, marking FAO ‘Data Protection Officer’.
Your Privacy Rights
- You have the right to object to how we use your personal information, and also the right to see what personal information we hold about you. You are welcome to ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal information or to ask for some of your personal information to be provided to someone else by us. Should you ever need to, you can make a complaint by contacting us via email or post.
- It is also your right to make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office, at ico.org.uk. To find out more about exercising any of your rights in this Privacy Notice please contact our DPO by post at the aforementioned address.
What Types of Information We Hold
- Here at Laming Hope Residential Ltd, we use a variety of personal information depending on the products and services we deliver to you. For all of our products and service offerings, we need to use your name, address and contact details. For certain products and services, we might need to use additional information, for example:
- Your Date of birth
- Information and details that will allow us to check your identity and information about your credit history
- Details about any convictions, information for, fraud prevention, anti-money laundering and to meet legal obligations
- Sometimes where we ask for your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to meet a legal obligation, for example a credit check, we will be unable to provide certain products or services without obtaining that personal information.
How we Gather Personal Information
- We may gather personal information:
- Directly from yourself, for example when you call to request a viewing
- By observing how you use our products and services, for example from the transactions and operation of your accounts and services
- From other organisations such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies
- From other people who know you including but not limited to, joint account holders and people whom you are linked to financially
- We also may collect personal information from monitoring or recording calls and if we employ the use of CCTV. We may record or monitor phone calls with you for regulatory purposes, staff training and to ensure and improve the quality of our service delivery here at Laming Hope Residential Ltd. We may also use CCTV on our premises, to help us ensure the safety and security of both our staff and customers.
How we Use your Personal Information
- In order to provide you with any products and services we may need to know your name, address, contact details, details of your current and previous countries of residence/citizenship, and a copy of identification documents (such as a passport or driving licence). We might also need your date of birth, and personal health information to assist in the support of our customers who have a vulnerability.
- We sometimes need to gather, use and potentially share additional personal information for the reasons below:
- To operate and administer our products and services, including but not limited to dealing with any complaints and fixing our mistakes
- To administer payments to and from yourselves
- To comply with our legal obligations, to prevent financial crime including fraud and money laundering, and to comply with Right to Rent regulations
- To comply with our legal obligations in support of our vulnerable customers
- For any financial management and debt recovery purposes
- To enable payments to third parties (affiliates) who may have introduced you to us
- To carry out market research and analysis to develop and improve our products and services
- To market products and services to you from us or our partners.
Our legal recourse for using your Personal Information
- We will only use your personal information where it is permitted by the laws that protect your privacy rights. These include the following:
- That we have your consent (if needed)
- Where we need to use the information to comply with legal obligations
- Where we need to use the information to perform a contract with you
- When it is fair to use the personal information either in our interests or someone else’s interests, and where there is no disadvantage to you. This includes where it’s in our interests to contact you about products or services, or collaborate with others to allow us to improve our services
- Where we have your consent, you have the right to withdraw it. We will let you know how to do that at the time that we gather your consent.
- Special protection is given to certain kinds of personal information that is particularly sensitive. This includes information about your health status, political views, religious or similar beliefs, racial or ethnic origin, sex life or sexual orientation, genetic or biometric identifiers, trade union membership or criminal convictions or allegations. We will only use this kind of personal information where:
- We have a legal obligation to do so
- It is necessary for us to do so to protect your vital interests
- It is in the substantial public interest
- It is necessary for the prevention or detection of crime
- It is necessary for insurance purposes
- You have supplied us with explicit consent to use it
Sharing your Personal Information or obtaining it from others
- We will share personal information within our company and outside Laming Hope Residential where needed. For example: to make products and services available to you, market products and services to you or to meet/enforce a legal obligation or where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so. We will only share your personal information to the extent needed for those purposes.
- Who we share your personal information with depends on the products and services we provide to you and the purposes that we use your personal information for. For most products and services that we offer, we will share your personal information with our own providers such as our IT suppliers, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- Most of the personal information we have about you is information you have supplied to us or has been gathered by us in the course of providing products and services to you. We may also, from time to time, gather personal information from and send personal information to third parties where necessary for credit checking and fraud prevention or marketing purposes.
How long do we keep your Personal Information for
- How long we keep your personal information for often depends on the products and services we deliver to you. We will never retain your personal information for any longer than is necessary for us to perform the purposes we need to use it for.
Keeping you up to date
- We will let you know about products and services we deliver using any contact details you have given us – for example through the post, by email, text message, social media, and through our website.
- Where you have given us consent to receive marketing, you can withdraw consent or update your marketing preferences by visiting our office or by emailing us at [email protected]
Your Online Activities